The property is in Sumner, Christchurch, and is a mid 80’s built timber framed two story home.
Over the years, a leanto carport was infilled to become a garage, and then became a bedroom. This was on the lower level of the home. The scope of works was to totally remove this structure and to replace with a two level extension. Some minor changes to the consented plans were made to maximise use of space. The team at Smith & Sons Port Hills helped the client through this process offering suggestions that worked well for their family.
In addition to the two level extension, the following was also completed:
- Reconfigured the original houses internal layout, including removing walls removing all existing linings and replaced
- Totally reconfigured the upstairs, adding an ensuite, walk in robe, and an office
- Installed a new kitchen
- Added skylights to the upstairs
- Replaced all windows and doors
- Provided all new floor furnishings
- Replaced all plumbing and added additional drainage
- All new wiring
- Patch repaired the existing cladding and integrated onto new cladding
- Added a massive Kwila deck to three sides of the upstairs, that included a hand built staircase from the garden to the deck
- Provided a wire rope solution for the balustrade
- Replaced entrance deck at the front of the property