Smith & Sons Christchurch are a network of quality builders specialising in home renovations and extensions across Christchurch and the surrounding regions. As a professional renovations company we aim to provide an exceptional service, whilst helping clients transform their homes and add value to their properties.
We work with you through the whole process from your initial ideas through the planning stages to delivering outstanding results, every time. We understand that renovating can be daunting and our aim is to make renovating an easy process and to minimise the disruption to your daily life.
- We take care of the whole process – from the initial design and planning stage to the construction.
- Efficient and reliable service at all times.
- Qualified staff who will listen to your needs.
- High quality workmanship.
- Project completed on time, to budget.
We provide personal commitment, supervision and management to your project to ensure customer satisfaction and quality work.
Our Christchurch Builders are members of some of the leading construction industry associations in New Zealand and are able to offer the appropriate insurances and guarantees.
Areas We Service
Smith & Sons Christchurch have renovation builders across all areas of Christchurch and surrounds, including but not limited to the below suburbs:
- Bottle Lake
- Diamond Harbour
- Heathcote Valley
- Hei Hei
- Hoon Hay
- Kennedys Bush
- Moncks Bay
- Mount Pleasant
- Murray Aynsley Hill
- New Brighton
- Richmond Hill
- St Albans
- St Martins
- St Andrews Hill
- Upper Riccarton
- Waimairi Beach
To find out more about each Smith & Sons office in Christchurch, click on the profile links below.
Our Christchurch builders are trade qualified, fully licensed and experienced in all types of home renovations, extensions and building repair work (including earthquake repairs).
Our Simple 3 Step Renovation Process
Rather than separately employing the services of an architect, engineer and building company, we manage the entire process, including gaining appropriate building consents, from start to finish for you.
- Design: This is where we sit and talk with you, listen and understand what you want and need in your renovation. From no idea of what you want, to a design scribbled on a napkin, we can help. We create concept drawings and ensure you are happy with the design, and that the work will be within your budget.
- Plan: We complete all architectural and design plans and engineers drawings, plus all council and city approvals. We also map out your renovation construction schedule to fit around you and your lifestyle.
- Construct: This is where the fun begins as our team of expert builders and tradespeople bring your dreams to life. With one point of contact throughout the entire renovation process, you will be kept up to date.
Our specialist renovation builders cover the entire Christchurch region and beyond. From Rangiora and Oxford in the north, to Sheffield and Darfield in the west, to Dunsadel and Leeston in the south, Smith & Sons service all areas and locations in between. We currently operate 4 offices in the region, each owned and operated by a fully qualified builder and Licensed Building Practitioner. The offices are:
- North Canterbury
- Christchurch Riccarton
- Christchurch South
- Christchurch Port Hills
So, if you are thinking of renovating anywhere around the Christchurch region, we have a specialist team who can help. With extensive local knowledge of ground and weather conditions, local council regulations, plus established networks of contractors and consultants, you can rest assured your home is in expert hands.
Our services range from the largest highly complex architectural projects to simple makeovers and room updates including:
- Bathroom makeovers
- New kitchen design and installation
- Earthquake repairs including structural work
- Adding another level
- Removing walls to create a more open plan living space
- Adding rooms to the house
- Outdoor living areas
- Recladding and Leaky Home Repairs
- Adding or converting a garage or sleep out
- Retail shop fit-outs and light commercial work.
These services are provided across the entire area of Christchurch. As locals we understand the council requirements, ground and weather conditions to perfectly design and build your next renovation or extension.